At LMH, we treat the safety of LMH tenants and their homes as a top priority. That’s why we’re highlighting the latest information from Merseyside Police about an increase in domestic burglaries in the Anfield and Everton areas.
According to Merseyside Police, burglaries have recently occurred around Breck Road, Lower Breck Road and Breckfield Road South; the offences are not occurring in a pattern and there are no specific details to look out for.
Police have requested that residents in the area be vigilant – if you do see anything suspicious or have concerns, please report it to the police immediately.
Two crime prevention surgeries are taking place next month at St. Columbas Church, Pinehurst Road, Liverpool L4 2TZ and local residents are welcome to attend. The dates are:
- Thursday 4th October 2018 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Thursday 18th October 2018 6.15-7.15pm
Merseyside Police would like to reassure residents that Operation Castle is still in place and burglars are being targeted daily. The local community policing team is also carrying out preventative measures to reduce burglaries and to reassure and support everyone who has experienced a burglary.
You may find these tips helpful to keep you and your home safe:
- Lock windows and doors when you go out or go to bed
- Use your house alarm if you have one. Light timer switches are a good idea too
- If you have a UPVC door, make sure you lock it properly - remember to lift the handle, turn the key and remove it
- Keep valuables out of sight, away from windows and doors- such as car keys, laptops, mobile phones, purse/wallet
- Lock your shed and/or garage if you have one
- Fit a letterbox restrictor to your front door
- Use a UV pen to mark your valuable items with your postcode and house number. This will help the police return these items to you if they are ever stolen and found
You can also report crime online here.