The Government has issued new guidance for the Liverpool City Region.
Earlier today (December 30th), Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Health, advised that the Liverpool City Region would be moved into Tier 3 restrictions from 31st December 2020. This is to slow the spread of the mutated strain of coronavirus.
What are the Tier 3 rules?
• Mixing between households is banned indoors and in most outdoor locations
• The rule of six will apply in outdoor areas like parks and beaches
• Hotels, indoor entertainment and hospitality venues will close
• Pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants will close but are able to provide takeaway and delivery services
• Leisure and sports facilities will remain open but group classes will be cancelled
• Spectator sports events and business events will be cancelled
• Weddings and funerals can take place with 15 people at a wedding ceremony and no reception. Funerals can be attended by 30 people
• Non-contact outdoor sport and exercise classes can continue
• Tier 3 residents should avoid travelling to other parts of the UK unless for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment or because of caring responsibilities
How are Torus services affected?
Between December 24th and January 3rd, Torus will be operating an emergency service. To report an emergency call 0800 678 1894. Examples of what is classed as an emergency are available here.
From 4th January 2021 Torus will resume pre-Christmas services. Further information can be found here.