We will close for the Christmas holidays on Friday 24 December 2021.
We will be providing an emergency out of hour’s emergency repairs service 24-hours-a-day, from 1pm on Christmas Eve until 8am on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
During this time, you will only be able to report emergency repairs to our out-of-hours team. These are faults that could seriously damage your health or the property, examples of emergency of repairs are:
- Escape of gas or fumes - if you smell gas, you must also contact National Grid on 0800 111999 immediately. In the event of a fire, call 999 immediately.
- Electrical fittings in contact with water
- Live or bare electric wiring
- Sewage overflowing into the home or internal communal areas
- Uncontrollable leaks
- Failure of all lights or all power – domestic and communal
- Continuous sounding activated communal / domestic fire / smoke alarms
- CO detector activation – refer to Cadent
- Tenant locked out of the Property
- Loose or dangerous bricks / roof tiles
- Failure of major adaptations – e.g. passenger lifts, customer stairlifts.
- Insecure external door & window if ground floor.
- Gas and electrical safety check following emergency e.g. fire, flood etc.
- Warden call systems faults
- No heating / hot water (this is a 48-hour response, unless the customer is vulnerable or disabled).
If you have an emergency repair over the Festive period, you can contact our emergency repairs out of hour's service on 0800 678 1894. We kindly ask that customers only contact us in a genuine emergency to make sure those who need our support are able to get it.
You can use your online account to book non-emergency, routine repair for the New Year (after 4 January 2021).
If you need to change a repair that is booked for the New Year, please can you contact us from 4 January, so the lines are kept free for emergency calls. Alternatively, you can use your online account if you have one.
Save time, do it online!
Opening an online account
is the quickest, most convenient way to manage your home. It puts all our services at your fingertips.
- Manage your account day or night by mobile, tablet or PC
- Report and book routine repairs (for the New Year) – to book an emergency repair over Christmas you need to call our emergency out of hours service on 0800 678 1894.
- View your rent balance and make a payment – please notes that payments made over Christmas will not show on our rent account until we re-open, after 4 January 2022.
- Update your details.
If you make a payment online, please note that it will not show on your rent account until after 4 January 2021.
If you are struggling to pay your rent, please email email@example.com
and a member of the team will contact you in the New Year.
Domestic abuse support
Torus Safe2Speak Refuge accommodation remains open over the Christmas and New Year period with a 24/7 helpline 01925 220541.
Worried about an adult or a child
Safeguarding is about a protecting a person’s right to live a life free from abuse and neglect. If you are concerned that a child, young person, or a vulnerable adult is at risk of or experiencing abuse or neglect/self-neglect, or you yourself are a victim of abuse, you should report it straight away so that the appropriate services can take the appropriate actions to prevent harm. Click here to find out more about how to report your concerns
If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at Torus!