Would you like to help improve services for people with disabilities and carers? Joining the TARDIS tenants and residents group is a great way to make a difference!
TARDIS (Tenants and Residents Disabled in Society) is a strong, independent group of tenants and residents. The group works closely with LMH to review policies and make services more accessible for people with disabilities.
As a group member, you can:
- Represent LMH tenants and residents affected by disability
- Change policies and practices in partnership with LMH and other organisations
- Empower people affected by disability and promote self-advocacy
- Undertake and deliver relevant training
- Network with LMH and other partners to improve lives
TARDIS has already delivered positive outcomes over the last four years. The group’s input has improved important services at LMH, including our Aids and Adaptations Policy, Pre-tenancy documents and Customer Charter.
TARDIS has also successfully promoted Easy Read leaflets and helped to set up Health and Wellbeing DVD armchair exercises for housebound tenants.