Protecting your personal belongings

Have you ever thought about what you would do if your belongings were damaged or lost?

We will pick up the costs of repairing your home in the event of a flood, fire, vandalism, water burst or theft, but any damage to furniture, decoration and belongings would be your responsibility.

That’s why we recommend that all customers take out content insurance – to provide valuable protection for your belongings.

Home insurance cover is particularly important for customers who live in a flood risk area. Whilst the risk of major river flooding across the City is assessed as very low, the Environment Agency has identified a low to medium flooding risk for the North area of the city. The Environmental Agency has also identified some surface water flooding risk across the city. If you do live in a flood risk zone, you would also need to tell your insurance provider to ensure adequate cover.

The Environment Agency provides free flood risk assessments, which can be used to look at the level of flood risk at your address. There’s also lots of helpful advice on how you can prepare if a flood ever does happen.

Visit the Environment Agency website for more information.

We have arranged a special household contents insurance scheme with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance, which is only available to LMH customers. Unlike most other policies, the amount you pay is not set depending on your postcode – this means all LMH customers receive the same insurance level at the same cost.

For more information about the options available for cover and how to apply, just click this link.